Let’s see if you Qualify!
Below are the requirements from the IRS to file with a 1040EZ:
- You are filing as single or married filing jointly.
- The following are your only income sources: job wages, tips, salaries, unemployment compensation, Alaska Permanent Fund dividends, taxable scholarships, or fellowship grants.
- You, and your spouse if filing a joint
return,were under age 65 on Jan. 1, 2017, and not blind at the end of 2017.
- You do not claim any dependents.
- Your taxable income was less than $100,000.
- Your interest income was not over $1,500 last year.
- You don’t have any other tips not already included on your W-2 in boxes 5 and 7.
- You do not owe household employment taxes on wages paid to a household employee.
- You are not a debtor in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case filed after Oct. 16, 2005
- You will not claim any deductions (IRA contributions, a student loan interest deduction, etc.).
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) is the only credit you will claim.
- If went thru the
HealthCareMarket Place, no advance payments of the premium tax credit were made for you or your spouse