Terms & Conditions
(as of November 29, 2016)
The term ‘Tucson Tax Services’ or ‘Tucson Tax’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 8110 S Houghton Rd Ste 158 PMB 142. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website. We appreciate the opportunity of working with you and advising you regarding your federal and state individual income taxes. In order to ensure an understanding of our mutual responsibilities, we ask all of our clients for whom returns are prepared to confirm the following arrangements:
1. We will prepare your federal and state individual income tax returns. These returns will be prepared from information which you furnish to us. We will not audit or make any other verification on the data you submit, although it may be necessary to ask you for clarification of some of the information. In the event of an audit by a taxing authority, you will be required to provide the documentation for all items in question to the taxing authority. It is the taxpayer’s (your) responsibility to obtain/retain all documentation that supports your tax liability.
2. It is your responsibility to provide all the information required for the preparation of a complete and accurate tax return. You should retain all documents, cancelled checks and other data that form the basis of income and deductions for at least the period of the statute of limitations (typically 3 years, but can be unlimited in certain situations). You should also retain documents that support items carried over into open years, such as cost basis information, nondeductible IRA’s, net operating losses, etc. This information may be necessary to prove the accuracy and completeness of the returns to a taxing authority. You have the final responsibility for the income tax returns; therefore, you should review them carefully before you sign them.
3. Our work, in connection with the preparation of your income tax returns, does not include any procedures designed to discover errors or omissions by you, fraud, misrepresentations, defalcations and/or other irregularities, should any exist. We will render such accounting and bookkeeping assistance as determined to be necessary only for the preparation of your income tax returns. It is your responsibility to provide me with accurate, truthful information for use in preparing your tax forms.
4. We use our professional judgment in resolving questions where the tax law is unclear, or where there may be conflicts between the taxing authority’s interpretation of the law and other supportable positions. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will resolve such questions in your favor whenever possible.
5. The law provides various penalties that may be imposed when taxpayers understate their tax liability. The Internal Revenue Service also imposes penalties upon taxpayers and return preparers for failure to observe due care in reporting for income tax returns.
6. Your returns may be selected for review for any reason by the taxing authorities. Any proposed adjustments by the examining agent are subject to certain rights of appeal. In the event of such government tax examinations, we will be available upon request to help answer questions you may have. However, such assistance is not included in your tax preparation fee and may render additional fees for the time and expense incurred on a case by case basis. Moreover, the taxing authorities may correspond with you directly regarding your tax return. You agree to timely forward this correspondence to us for review and analysis. Additional fees may be charged depending upon action required of us.
7. Our fees are based upon a flat rate, per package, per tax year. The rates are subject to change. You will never be charged additional fees for a service included in a package you’ve purchased for any given tax year.
8. Unless otherwise specified differently by you in writing (email is sufficient), we will create/generate a PIN for you that will be used as your signature on all E-filed tax forms.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customise the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Privacy Contact Information
Since there is no fee while we prepare your return, you may stop working with us at anytime prior to us filing your tax return to the IRS. After we submit your return to the IRS, we would not be able to change anything about your return or the refund option you’ve chosen, until after the IRS has completed processing the return.
Because we do all the work of tax preparation prior to any payment being required, we don’t issue refunds. If we made a mistake on your return , we’d happily file an amendment free of charge. If the reason for the amendment is because of something that was out of our control, then we would charge a $20 fee.